So many people came to me today declaring: "Jeannie! You're not walking today, right? You better not be! Otherwise, I'm headed your way, and would be happy to give you a ride..."
Thank you, universe, and all those caring people out there bearing generous offers. In fact I drove today, anticipating piano lessons for Anne. Turns out so much ice covered the road that two interesting things occurred: 1 - I called our teacher to cancel. That happens very rarely. 2 - I felt glad to ride in my car this morning.
Weird. Driving in any sort of weather usually freaks me out so much that I avoid driving all together. Of course my current efforts at carless transportation also made my morning gratitude feel out of place. My thinking took a new direction because of the ice. Rather than worry about crashing into someone or something, I felt safely wrapped in two tons of metal. Perhaps my recent fall after slipping on the ice a while ago brought back painful memories. Whatever the reason, I needed only step outside once today before realizing that the car held more safety than my feet.
And...school needed cancellation in anticipation of more nasty weather on the way. An unexpected day off. Yay!!!!! I plan to walk another day.
No comments:
Post a Comment