Am I? Yesterday after school I carpooled with another teacher to a middle-school. We wanted to observe a new-to-us literacy curriculum/program in action. It piqued our interest - I probably need to do something about that, but I digress...And then...she drove us home. Completely out of her way. She lives north, we were headed south. It was later in the day than Anne and I usually leave, and since I had Anne with me...maybe the ride helped us live out our day in a more balanced way.
And this afternoon I ended up bringing some work home. There was more than I could carry. I found a cart in my closet, but navigating the slush and bumpy sidewalk pavers with that thing, well, the phrase "recipe for disaster" comes to mind. How irritated, cold, wet, and tired might we have felt after such a walk.
Surprisingly it took the convincing rhetoric of Anne, and a good teacher friend of mine to accept the ride. We live directly on her way home. The gas issue should be non-existent. It's nagging at me none-the-less. Monday I will transport my friend and I on some social calls, so all-in-all I feel less like a loner at any rate.
Perhaps my spirits need a little lifting. Some ice had me airborne today, and landing on my hip was, well, painful. And my foot has begun to hurt from wearing boots rather than supportive sneakers on long walks in the ice and snow. It's time for a little trouble-shooting.
These are hurtles rather than road blocks. Solutions to varietous problems sometimes hide in unsuspecting places. This weekend may provide the thinking time I need to find them.
No comments:
Post a Comment