Tuesday, January 4, 2011

1-4-11 5:44 pm Walk-on

4 miles into my carlss transportation adventure, I have sore legs, a large blister on my left heel., and a sack-load of guilt. Not exactly the results I was hoping for, but it's early. The sore legs are actually exciting - surely it's a good sign. The blister will heal. And the guilt is probably undeserved.

Harold dropped the car off at John's Uptown Auto, our trusty mechanic, earlier today. He knew I was walking. And he knows I don't walk on the one-way street with no sidewalk or cross-walk intersections where John's business lives. To top it off, it's three or four blocks out of my way when I walk home from work.

It's ok with me that I decided not to pick up the car. Harold should have asked me during the planning phase if I'd be willing to do it, rather than just before the end of the day. And since he didn't, the chips fall where they will. But I tacitly agreed to the task just before leaving work. Then I remembered, as we approached the turn-off, this place is out of our way, Anne was along, it's icey, and I have this blister. The car will defniately stay where it is until Harold makes another plan. But the residual guilt from my earlier tacit agreement is nagging.

Hopefully I won't be too sore to walk to school tomorrow. These endeavors have a way of responding to momentum. The more times we walk, the more likely we'll do it again. Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment