Thursday, January 20, 2011

1-19-11 5:33 pm Driving me Crazy

We've had a few things come up, requiring me to drive...which makes me nuts. I crave exercise and fresh air. "Calm" is a goal rather than a state-of-being. But, I did walk once today.

For lunch (I attended a class) lunch waited across the street. Of course I walked. Under dressed, from driving to class in the morning, I froze every step of the way. As a long stream of cars passed while I waited to cross, I began to long for the cocoon of a car cabin. At least drivers could see me.

I leapt at the opportunity to return with colleagues, in someone's car. Six of us in one vehicle most certainly qualified us as carpooling. The companionship comforted me too. Walking felt more lonely in broad day-light than in the dim morning hours. Maybe everyone seeing me alone felt exposing.

Here's to tomorrow's walk in to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment