I got to school today only to notice a class listed on my calendar. All day, out of the building, substiture required, absense. I sincerely tried to politely reply to moring greetings after a long weekend. Heart pounding, I confirmed my sub (arranged three months ago so I'd forgotten), wrote up lesson plans someone else could follow, improvised for my Book Review Club who meets on Tuesday mornings, and dashed off to class, hoping my moderate speeding would go unnoticed by local law enforcement. Must not speed in school zones.
Upon arrival at class location I noticed: not enough cars in the lot. Quick-scan of all the classrooms confirmed it. Class was rescheduled, and I'd not bothered to erase this listing on my daily calendar. Race back to school, to find out my sub hadn't ever arrived. Walke into my classroom, with my students. An overly busy start to my day. And so many of my coworkers now know what a mixed up, unorganized person I can be. My very kind boss knows. I know.
Replay that scene from a pedestrian perspective. Class today? Bummer! No car. Guess I'll have to make that one up. Oh! Class was rescheduled? Hip, hip, horray! Back to the morning routine. Hello Book Review Club! So simple. If only I'd been able to walk today. Too much going on after school. In fact, this whole week is packed. When, oh when will it feel possible to walk again? I so need it!
You are the cutest, most honest coach ever. For goodness sake, we love that you are human and thanks for sharing your stories, because we all have them you know... :)
ReplyDelete