Tomorrow we walk. The first commitment occurs at 7:30, easily accomodated by my walking schedule - I usually arrive by 7 a.m. After school, the schedule looks empty. Anne and I can have some magical discussion, only accessible during a walk on our way home. And I so need the exercise. So much to which to look forward.
Harold also recently decided he needs some exercise, and so he'll walk with me for the first 15 minutes. His return trip gives him a total of 30 minutes of light exercise. Just right to start his physically demanding day.
And the preparations! A light lunch I can carry that will remain spill-free. Empty containers for drinking water throughout the day. The hair dryer so my hair looks nice at school. Supportive shoes for the walk, and carrying work shoes for my day at school.
All this makes up a sort of anticipatory celebration - like Christmas. It's fun to shop, decorate, bake, and otherwise ready ourselves for the big day. I feel this way about walking tomorrow. Some of my best thinking occurs during these longer walks, and I look forward to the thoughts that hopefully step to the forefront of my conscious mind. We shall see.
No comments:
Post a Comment