Wednesday, March 9, 2011

3-9-11 6:40 pm Biking Buddies

A first-time offer materialized today, from a friend at work. "M" asked: "Wanna bike to work with me tomorrow?" Given my work schedule, we may only end up biking home together (I like to show up pretty early) yet it's a motivator. What impact might having a partner in crime have on the frequency with which I use alternative transportation? Hopefully we'll see soon!

I'm beginning to feel the effects of a campaign. These days when friends realize I am walking or biking, rather than ask after the relative functionality of my car, they declare something like: "Oh good, you left your car at home!" They're happy for me rather than concerned. Well, maybe it's a campaign effect, or it could just be relief about the warmer temperatures. Either way it feels like support, and I'll take it! It's like the power of prayer. Somehow a communal effort toward one goal strengthens the energy behind achieving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment